Finding purpose in life is one of those things that we all want and search for, though challenging to attain. Your purpose in life is as unique to you as your fingerprint. Your purpose is most often related to your talents, experiences, skill sets, and interests, and it is your reason for being. You’ll know you’ve found your purpose when you discover what gets you out of bed in the morning.
Finding your purpose is a long game, not a short-term goal. Ideally, your purpose blends with what interests you, bringing you joy and happiness.
Happiness is living each aspect of life with a distinct appreciation, a state of contentment, and a sense of well-being. Happiness is not a constant emotion.
Studies prove that happiness is extremely beneficial, having a powerful effect on your physical and mental health. When you feel happy, you experience better health, live longer, and you are more energetic, productive, motivated, and creative.
Use these happiness tips below to increase the meaning and purpose in your life.
- It’s a choice, choose to be happy. . It’s how we choose to go through the lows in life that brings happiness (in both its meanings) to life. Or more correctly, are they habits formed by repeating actions over and over until we simply switch onto auto-pilot and stop reminding ourselves that we still have a choice?
- Make happiness a daily habit.
- Live your life in appreciation, relishing and savoring everyday experiences. Living a life of ‘gratitude’ is a slowing-down process designed to help ‘relish, savor and luxuriate’.
- Make it a point to live in the present moment, practicing mindfulness in your everyday life.
- Practice solution-based thinking
- Make it a priority to be of service to others.
- Reframing your outlook on life and the world around you.
- Moving your body helps produce happy hormones.
- Work towards healthy habits and discard toxic situations and people.
Being appreciative, and living a life of gratitude is about waking up and seeing your life with a fresh eye as if for the first time, relishing moments and keeping those memories alive.
Reframe your thoughts to feel more grateful and happy in your life:
- Let go of trying to control the outcome of things around you.
- Reframe your need to be a people pleaser or fixer of things.
- Lose any sense of entitlement you may feel.
- Do not compare yourself to those around you.
- Let go of any shame or feelings that you aren’t good enough.
- Work towards solutions instead of falling into a victim mentality
- Evaluate your relationships, and let go of those that take more than they give.
- Release your fear of failure and work towards the possibilities.
- Believe in yourself and your ability to be loved.
- Heal your feelings of abandonment.
- Let go of all expectations.
Your life’s purpose and the practice of gratitude train your mind to focus on what is going right in your life and support your happiness. Start your journey to a better you with a coach. Learn how to find your passion and your purpose. Contact Rachel today to learn more about how to discover your life’s purpose and ultimate happiness.