“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it” -Roald Dahl
Is it possible to live life at the moment and appreciate all the magical moments around you? It’s a fact, life is tough sometimes. In those tough times, it can be easy to give up and forget about the wonder or magic we once felt. Adulting is often consumed by finding solutions to life’s problems, surviving from one upset, hurdle or set back to the next. Is it any wonder that through all of that, we lose the magic and wonder we once felt?
While there isn’t a one size fits all solution to finding the magic and wonder in life, there are a few ways you can reacquaint yourself to those feelings.
- Start believing that magic does exist. There was never any doubt when you were a child, magic and miracles just happened. Age doesn’t preclude you from that magic.
- Be present. Be so present with life and its many amazing experiences, that there is a way you can miss the magic that happens around you.
- Immerse yourself in the love in your life. Love itself is magical. Love may be that of romance, friendship, or family and it is what connects us. Give, share, and speak the magic of love.
- Stand in your power and honor your truth. Work at being the best you, living your best most wonderful life.
- Be on the lookout for everyday miracles. Both big and small miracles happen all around you every day. Most often these magical moments are missed or overlooked. Practice looking for and recognizing the magic that surrounds you.
- Live a grateful and joyful life. A vibration of gratitude attracts magical moments.
- Be curious about life. Shake things up by becoming curious about everything around you. Focus on personal growth, develop a new hobby, travel and be purposeful in learning about the new people you encounter in your life. See things as if you were seeing them for the first time and enjoy the wonder in discovery.
- Be playful, let loose and have fun. Life is meant to be an adventure. Give yourself permission to have and create fun every day.
- Surround yourself with people who also look for joy and magic in the ordinary day to day life. When you connect with like-minded people, you experience energy and vibration that is contagious.
- Encourage yourself to dream big. It’s easy to stay small and live a safe life but that’s not where the magic happens. Have the courage to live the life that your soul craves and watch the magic happen.
- Embrace the unknown and look for opportunities. Change is often what people fear the most because change is inherently unknown. Lean into it with a sense of wonder and magic. The world is full of amazing moments, and when you expect the best, that’s exactly what you receive.