Personal empowerment is all about taking control of what you want for your life. Empowerment closely relates to self-esteem and self-confidence and is manifested when your intention is transformed into an action. Ultimately it means believing in yourself and permitting yourself to succeed.
“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” —Steve Maraboli
To achieve self-empowerment, you must first know yourself. Developing self-awareness so you can take charge of your emotions and actions. Your locus of control, where you believe that you have control of your own destiny and know how external forces affect your outcomes. Understanding what you have control over and how outside influences affect you, helps to enable your sense of responsibility for your own positive mindset.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.” —Henry Ford
Identifying aspects of your life where you are unhappy or out of control offers areas for which you can create empowerment goals. The first step is to focus on the areas that mean the most to you, create smart goals with action plans of attainable milestones as a pathway to achieve them. Your personal empowerment increases when positive benchmarks towards those goals are met.
Achieve personal empowerment by focusing on what you can control in your life; your hope, attitude, drive, willingness to learn and grow, and your commitment to growth and empowered mindset.
- Hope— you alone have the power to find what is possible for yourself. The more you are open to all possibilities, the more creative you become, and your world opens up for you to create and succeed.
- Attitude— things will happen that are out of your control, that’s life. The trick is aligning your authentic self with how you handle what life throws your way. Remaining true to your values and what you stand for in response to adversity increases your personal empowerment.
- Drive—stay focused on your own goals without comparing or becoming distracted by what others are doing. Your actions follow your thoughts so trust yourself to know that you have what it takes to achieve your goals.
- Learn and grow— remain curious about life and actively look for ways to learn and grow. With a pro-active, dynamic, and engaged attitude, you will experience more success than those that don’t. Science shows that continual learning strengthens your brain, which like muscles, your brain has the same ‘use it or lose it’ principles.
- Mindset— having a growth mindset can be the one biggest thing that sets you up for success. It means that you believe you have ability to influent the outcome with your actions. A growth mindset increases resiliency, your belief in yourself, and your knowledge that you are a force for positive change.
Rachel Graham founded Evolve and Transform to encourage you to discover your personal meaning and purpose, achieving an ultimate level of personal empowerment. Contact Rachel today to learn how she helps others find a healthy, balanced lifestyle where success and optimal performance follow in everything you do.